Nollywood veteran, Olu Jacobs has revealed he received threats from some people to keep mute and stop supporting the #ENDSARS protest.
The 78-year-old actor revealed he was contacted by some persons urging him to be mute about the #ENDSARS worldwide protest.
The film executive had earlier revealed that he cannot sleep peacefully at night while the youths are out in the cold expressing their grievances over ‘unprofessional’ activities of the operatives of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Naija News reports.
Jacobs said, “I can’t sleep peacefully at night while the young ones are out there sleeping in the cold. I’m lending my voice to the #EndSARSProtest and I’m saying #EndSarsNow ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.”
However, the actor has on Saturday, October 10 revealed not too long after he declared his support for the #ENDSARS protest, messages were sent to him to keep silent.
He tweeted, “I got messages for me to keep silent and stop lending my voice to the #EndSARS movement. I told them simply #EndPoliceBrutality so the youth will be free in their country. I can’t be silent and watch the killing of vibrant youths… Never!”